[Chicago] John Hunter at Future ChiPy Meeting

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:37:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Rob Kapteyn<robkapteyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> That would be awesome ;-)
> Matplotlib does more than just graphs, by the way.
>
> John did a presentation for us ~4-5 years ago, but the projector was not
> working and we had to stand around his laptop.
> It was awesome anyway.
> He should know that we are now very well equipped in the projector/AV area.
>
> I would say more more about his last presentation, but I don't want to
> upstage whatever he is planning for this time ;-)

Thanks all for the vote of confidence -- I am looking forward to a
chipy presentation with audio/visual!  Any chance we can have internet
connectivity too?  IOne of the things I would like to show off are
some of our sphinx extensions for mathtext and embedding figures, eg

  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/mathtext.html
  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/axes_api.html#matplotlib.axes.Axes.acorr

and some of the demos pull data down off the internet....

JDH