[Chicago] John Hunter at Future ChiPy Meeting

Ted Pollari tpollari at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:04:34 CEST 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Chad Glendenin wrote:

> There are Python-friendly folks at the Univ of Chicago that we could
> probably convince to help us find some space there, but if I remember
> correctly from the days when Ted, Michael, the Humanized guys, and
> other UofC people made up a bigger force within ChiPy, we still never
> managed to convince the rest of you to make the trek to the South
> Side... But let me know if you're interested, and I'll ask around.
>
> ccg

While I've always been open to trying to host (I could probably do it
if I asked), the sad truth is that the UofC is difficult to get to for
those not in Hyde Park, particularly after hours.  If the group's
interested, I can check with the powers that be and see what we can
do...

I think the realities are that it'd be easier to focus attention on
faculty and staff at academic institutions and get them to come to our
meetings -- but there are challenges in that too... firstly, planning
a bit more in advance so that we can pitch cool topics like matplotlib
and spread the word, when appropriate.

-ted