[Chicago] Mobile device testing

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Jul 22 16:46:33 CEST 2009

Hey all:

Hope mobile testing is not to far off topic for this list; although, I
know we have some experts so I thought I would give it a swing.

I have a client who wants me to convert their existing survey (done in
ExtJS, over Django, btw) to be viewable from a particular mobile
phone's browser. I am already detecting and parsing User Agents.
Currently I send them to a page saying to use a desktop computer.  I
do not mind re-writing the form for mobile devices. Testing is the
bigger issue here.

I saw this site http://ready.mobi/  Not sure if their is a better
way.  Is there a way to run test nightly with perhaps a Python
framework to test mobile devices.  Under the hood I am sure these
testing sites use some Lint engines. Any ideas how I test my product
in the most Pythonic way possible?

Brian Ray