[Chicago] Fwd: March meeting

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Mar 5 16:09:58 CET 2009

Sully's was too rectangular but get the other TV screens working and
I'd be happy to be back there.

If you're at work meeting up with Carl is pretty easy. He usually
tries to get me to help him and then I usually try to get some other
person at work to help with me. This doesn't always work because I am
a workaholic and can't leave early, or get cranky because there will
be no parking and there is no wheelie cart thing to help with heavy
stuff.... FIXED! now that we got one at a thrift store.

also almost got a sweet equipment bag with headphones and other stuff
in it, but when we brought it buy to get priced we learned that an
employee was filming stuff and accidentally left his bag in the
luggage area.

Oh and if we have enough people to help at work I can try to host
again. It's a bit crazy if I try to do all of it myself.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Stephen Mullins <smullins7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for Sully's, new things scare me.
>
> I can help you carry things Carl if I get there on time :) and I promise not
> to run away with anything that looks shiny and expensive, but no promises
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Steven Githens <swgithen at mtu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Carl Karsten wrote:

>>> I still do like Sully's, but I would be happy with any place that had
>>> similar amities.  Top of the list for me is the compromise between public
>>> transportation and for those of us (me) driving in with lots of stuff I need
>>> to carry.   Depaul is a pain to drive to, a pain to park near, and a pain to
>>> pay for parking, and a pain to carry gear up to.  I will pretty much have to
>>> bring someone to help, and that isn't easy to come by.  I just asked someone
>>> for help:  "no, I'm not committing to anything right now."
>>
>> With average ChiPy attendence being well over 20 people lately I'm pretty
>> sure someone can always help you carry stuff, regardless of what venue we're
>> in.  My Megabus usually gets in to Union Station around 5:15, I could
>> definitely help next Thursday.
>>>
>>> Then there's the food and drink situation, which pretty much has no room
>>> for compromise: one place has everything, one has nothing.
>>
>> Last time we hung at Massimo's pad I think we had pizza and half of the
>> people brought in food from establishments within a 1.5 block radius.
>>  Granted we didn't drink any alcoholic beverages during the actual meeting (
>> maybe we should get the Institute of Design to host :p ), but it was pretty
>> easy to go out afterwards ( and beforewards :p ).
>> Variety is the spice of life...
>>>
>>> If you want a change of venue, come out to Rosemont.  I'll be happy with
>>> that too.
>>>
>> ... as long as it's not waaay out in Rosemont.  :p
>>
>> ( Kidding! (sort of) The meeting we had during PyCon out there was sweet).
>>
>> -s
>>>
>>> Carl K

sheila