[Chicago] Dec talk: REST-ful Web apps with Django Piston

Matt Dorn matt.dorn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:38:41 CET 2009

Carl Karsten wrote:
> Can I get a slightly larger (2 or 3 lines) description?
>
> 30 min talk, 15 min Q&A enough?

I was originally going to try to give this talk at the upcoming PyCon --
I won't be doing it, since there was a very similar proposal that got
chosen instead.  But below is part of the proposal I sent.  I can make
it fit the 30 min time frame.

--

framework, is that it doesn't make writing REST APIs easy enough.  In
fact the paradigm for a typical Django application involves views which

Outline:
* REST overview
* Ajax overview
* Overview of REST options for Django
* Why Piston over other options
* Creating a REST interface to your Django models
* Writing an Ext JS application that consumes your Django app's RESTful API