[Chicago] Great New Venue for Sept 10th Monthly Meeting

Joe Germuska joe at germuska.com
Mon Sep 7 19:19:39 CEST 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Brian Ray wrote:
> Topics, Topics, Topics ???  Should we tackle something related to
> journalism? Should we live channel to/from Djangocon... so many
> questions, yet such a great meeting this will be.

Looks like there may be enough stuff, but since we are hosting, I
could show my work-in-progress porting the Perl Geo::StreetAddress::US
library to Python.  I would guess it would only be 15 minutes or less,
but it might be of interest.  The Perl module uses some pretty arcane
RegExp magic.  And maybe someone will see what I'm missing in the last
three test cases!

It may also be time to open the discussion for where to take the after-
event.  The Billy Goat is obvious (and with merit) but I might also
suggest CND Gyros & Lounge, which has the wood paneling to make the
Resi's fans feel right at home.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
Joe at Germuska.com * http://blog.germuska.com

"Participation. That's what's gonna save the human race." --Pete Seeger