[Chicago] Facebook open sources FriendFeed's real-time Python web framework, Tornado

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:22:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Garrett Smith <g at rre.tt> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Chris McAvoy <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> This is interesting Garrett...thanks.
>>
>> Did you use the stdlib WSGI runner?  Or are the wsgi apps behind mod_wsgi?
>>
>> Chris
>
> With the exception of PHP, which was run under Apache MPM + mod_php,
> everything was run as a standalone server.

Oh, I thought the Django one was done with mod_wsgi.  Hmm, I see what
you are trying to do.  I don't know of any pure Ruby web server that
anyone would ever consider using in production.  I don't think there
is one.  I bet there is a pure PHP web server though.  you didn't look
hard enough!  http://sourceforge.net/projects/astahttpd/  Bam!!!
http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/PHP-Clases/bib-server-50643.html
And Bam again!  You can thank me later.