[Chicago] [ChicagoLinux] Talk about origins and philosophy of free and open source software, within modern philosophy

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:41:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Christopher Allan Webber
<cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:
> Cross-posting this to ChiPy and ChiGlug.  I've been considering giving
> this talk at both.
>
> I've been long meaning to give a talk about the origins of free and open
> source software, as well as the philosophical differences between those
> terms.  I've been thinking of taking it a step further and throwing in .

If you were serious about giving this talk then you have my whole
hearted plus one.  Great topic.

Did everyone see Ian's article about this from Djangocon?
http://blog.ianbicking.org/2009/09/10/a-new-self-definition-for-foss/
I didn't see the presentation but it was a great read.