[Chicago] Python (and some other) news on the web

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Sep 28 23:21:09 CEST 2009

PyPy has some early results from their JIT - looking good!

  http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2009/09/first-results-of-jit.html

His solution seems to be all Ruby, but I'm all over his complaints
about CSS lacking DRYness.  Really, really lacking...

  http://chriseppstein.github.com/blog/2009/09/20/why-stylesheet-abstraction-matters/

Ever find yourself choosing between open source RDBMs?  This may help:

  http://www.anchor.com.au/hosting/dedicated/mysql_vs_postgres

...okay, where did the other Python-related item go to?  Weren't there
two of those?  Well, while I'm rummaging about, amuse yourselves...

Scary: you're never more than 145 miles away from a Big Mac in the
continental US!

  http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/2009/09/26/413-the-mcfarthest-place-145-mi-to-the-nearest-big-mac/

Ah, here we are.  Come join us on IRC and ask feihong about it - he
keeps mentioning argparse.  :-)

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0389/

Cooking may have been a necessary step in the evolution of humans.  Who
knew?

  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112334465

--
The phenomenon of financial excess associated with
promising novel technologies is a recurring feature