[Chicago] separate mailing list for consultants/contractors/freelancers?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Apr 1 18:01:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Dan Krol <orblivion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well unless you're trying to maintain some sort of particular culture, my
> vote is to advertise [ http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-tech-freelancers ] to the different techie lists in town. Better get a
> variety and more people.

Heartedly agree.

Please do so. I'm not a member of a lot of techie lists, so I would
like others to make a post to them.

Culture-

I certainly appreciate the python culture, it suffers from less
machismo than I've seen elsewhere. Machismo gets old. Were you ever a
nerd? growing up to be a geek? Maybe with less of the social grace of
today's hipster. I hope you join the list, so I don't have to put up
with self congratulatory braying.

hip geeks, I don't mind you. you are cute. pat pat. but I'd like more
of my tribe around.

--
sheila