[Chicago] separate mailing list for consultants/contractors/freelancers?

Chad Glendenin chad at glendenin.com
Thu Apr 1 20:31:00 CEST 2010

Let's wait and see if it becomes a problem. If recruiters want to post
a want-ad, maybe we could require that they make a donation to the PCF
or the FSF or something first. :-)

My feeling is that I *don't* want something that's just a market for
recruiters and web contractors (although there's value in that too...
maybe something like sortfolio.com but for coders).

Before we start promoting this thing to the other chicagoland tech
groups, is there a more open-sourcy mailing list site we should use? I
looked at Zed Shaw's librelist.com, but it looks like it's still a bit
too early for that. We want to be able to moderate messages and
membership and stuff like that in case recruiters/spammers become a
problem.

Once we've settled on the right place for the mailing list, we should
move this conversation over there, just in case we're starting to
annoy the rest of ChiPy. :-)

Thanks,
ccg