[Chicago] Python Job Opening

Kenneth P. Stox ken at stox.org
Fri Apr 16 03:01:46 CEST 2010

This was sent to me by a local recruiter today, I thought someone on the
list might be interested. The job is at Argonne National Labs.
Apparently, the job will entail development for a new cloud initiative.

Contact the recruiter, I am not involved with this position.

PYTHON Developer Job Description:
Our client has two Python Developer openings. In these two positions
they are ideally looking for someone with only 1-3 years of experience.
The most important skill sets are Python development, C programming,
multithreading, and socket programming. This person should also be
strong with software integration and open source libraries.

Someone who is strong in open source technologies will most likely
succeed in this role. Our client is looking for a generalist type of
person, rather than someone who is focused in just one specific skill
set.

This person should have a steady history of programming academically,
professionally, etc.

This is a 6 month contract to hire project with a very prestigious
organization. The environment is a 'wear shorts to work' place. We are
looking for someone who wants a career, not just a project.

Please no third party submittals.

Required Skills:
      * PYTHON DEVELOPMENT
      * C PROGRAMMING
      * MULTI THREADING
      * SOCKET PROGRAMMING
      * OPEN SOURCE LIBRARIES

Ryan O'Malley

TEKsystems

romalley at teksystems.com

IT Applications Recruiter
1400 Opus Pl. #800, Downers Grove, IL 60515
877.686.8455  T 630.795.3356

M 773.426.8178 F 630.795.3390