[Chicago] Python <-> Facebook

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Fri Apr 23 15:35:01 CEST 2010

I heard there is an increasing number of integrations esp with "like"
features on some Python driven (AFAIK Django) sites. One would think
this makes it easier to choose Python for web-related platforms where
features use open API's versus custom widgets to add functionality. I
guess I am trying to point to the fact that if they (Facebook and
likes) make it easy, and Python is already easy, someone may prefer to
build what is needed versus using something that already has a widget
of sorts (drupal !?). Anybody have some stories/opinions they would
like to share?

Oh by the way, we still have a facebook group page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/
group.php?gid=19101049906

Brian Ray