[Chicago] May 13 meeting topics, pizza toppings and drink topology

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 03:31:55 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 18:36, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:

> Who wants to talk?
>
> What do you want on your pizza?
>
> What do you want to drink?
>
> --
> Carl K

I know I presented last time, but I have a little idea for a smallish
presentation, maybe 15 minutes. Something quick, right to the point, just
going bang, bang, bang right through the steps...

http://jessenoller.com/2010/04/22/why-arent-you-contributing-to-python/covers
an interesting topic (to me), and I think it would be cool to show an
example of how to contribute a fix to Python. My idea is to go from
start-to-finish finding a bug in Python, checking out the source, fixing the
bug, making a patch, signing up on the tracker, then submitting the patch. A
documentation fix would probably be easiest/quickest, but I could look
around the bug tracker and keep a really small standard library bug in my
back pocket so we can fix some actual code.

Being a semi-newbie to the group and not knowing many people's level of
exposure, I don't know if this is above, below, or just right for the
audience. I know each meeting has a few brand new users, and we also have
people who have contributed to CPython, PyPy, and Unladen Swallow...but I
don't know the average meeting attendee.

Anyone interested? Am I breaking any ChiPy laws by presenting in
back-to-back meetings?

Brian

p.s. I like sausage pizza and beer.