[Chicago] Looking for leased server colocation (OT)

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:46:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Garrett Smith <g at rre.tt> wrote:

> The benefit of EC2 is that you get full access (i.e. root/admin) to
> the server and have your choice of OS/distributions.

EC2 is pretty cool and Chris McAvoy (the other ChiPy founder) gave a
talk on how to *stuff* with EC2 like create copies of instances all
with Python at a could computing event. That would be a nice ChiPy
topic, btw.

One thing I like about EC2 is that it can scale when my site gets
slash-dotted (is that a word?) and such.  Backups are also pretty
exact.

The only downfall is when someone has some policies that prevent their
data from being technically on the same physical device as someone
else's data.

-- Brian