[Chicago] Python RoR Linux ngenx .... in business

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:22:30 CEST 2010

Hope I am not putting anyone on the spot; however, I see from this
article this local company is making a pretty compelling success
company for *our* flavor of web development (our defined: not java,
not .net ... OO,  open source: platform, frameworks,  and database)

"""
Meet The Fastest Growing Company Ever
Andrew Mason figured out how to inject hysteria into the process of
bargain hunting on the Web. The result is an overnight success story
called Groupon.
By Christopher Steiner

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0830/entrepreneurs-groupon-facebook-twitter-next-web-phenom.html?partner=email
"""

They also seem to have a job listing:

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=101&dockey=xml/7/4/746bc69886aae5c1d08f6bcbc3b40f01@endecaindex&c=1&source=21&cid=simplyhired

Not that anyone on this list is looking and would not send their
resume to our headhunter poparotsy first; however just in case :)

I am not going to pick on what specific configuration they use or
anything; however, I would like to take note of things that say
something to the (how do I phrase) man upstairs that does not tie
itself to a really large closed source web framework.+1 for Python +1
for Chicago business... but who is keeping score?

Cheers, Brian Ray