[Chicago] Sanity Check

Jon Sudlow jsudlow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 08:48:54 CET 2010

I understand what you mean. One time a potential employer had me write a
hello world function in python and a "say the name" function....Then he
offered me a job to sell computer network components and hold a "trouble
call cell phone" for an entire weekend, but assured me its "not a big deal".
Maybe you've had some bad experiences, but dont be so concerened with trying
to guess the motivations of the person sitting accross from you. 9/10 if its
a business your new too you will guess wrong because you dont know the
business language yet. Just work through their hiring process as efficiently
and best you can and see if the job is going to really match your skills.