[Chicago] Audio spectrograms

Adrian Holovaty adrian at holovaty.com
Wed Dec 8 05:44:16 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Ken Schutte <kenschutte at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I can make it this Thursday, but perhaps sometime in the
> future.  What exactly would be an interesting talk?  Just all about
> spectrograms?  audio processing?  I don't really know first-hand any related
> Python libraries, so it seems it would be just more of a DSP lecture with
> maybe a little numpy.

My two cents: that would be awesome. :-)

I hear Python (especially with numpy) is awesome for DSP stuff, but
I'm pretty clueless about the details. Even if you skimp on the Python
libraries part, any DSP stuff (or even stuff about processing large
datasets with numpy) could make for a really interesting talk.

Adrian