[Chicago] Python2.2 on an Intel Mac

Walter Askew waltaskew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:31:02 CET 2010

Bit of a long shot, but I'll give it a go.  I've just gotten a job as a full-time Python developer (hooray!)  Unfortunately, their codebase currently depends on Python 2.2.  It's a work from home job, so I'm using my trusty MacBook as my workstation, but I'm having trouble getting Python 2.2 working.  Has anyone had any luck getting Python 2.2 running on an Intel Mac?

I tried to build from source with gcc4, but that failed.  I'm trying to get gcc3 working so I can try the build with it, but I'm also having trouble getting gcc3.x working on my Intel Mac (more build failure).  The MacPython project is just a graveyard of dead links right now, so no go there, either.

Has anyone here successfully built older versions of Python or GCC on an Intel Mac?