[Chicago] Passing structure

Ed Marshall esm at logic.net
Thu Feb 25 23:06:39 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:20 AM, Goudar, Girish
<Girish.Goudar at goodrich.com>wrote:

>  I want to pass a structure (which contains int, float, char etc) from a
> client program written in Python to a server program written in C (Operating
> system is DEOS). But the “socket.send” command in Python supports only
> String or Readonly buffer. I want to pass a structure. Could you please help
> me on this?

You might consider serializing your data structure as JSON or YAML and
passing it that way:

http://docs.python.org/library/json.html
http://pyyaml.org/

For something a littlle more Python-specific, pickle is also available:

http://docs.python.org/library/pickle.html

Perhaps that will give you a few ideas? :)

--
Ed Marshall <esm at logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.