[Chicago] Feb 11 meeting venue

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 22:14:34 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

> I agree ITA was comfy.  Although, the security guy did give me a strange
> look but that might have the cologne I was wearing.  And do we really want
> to be that close to Willis tower?
>
> Strange looks and my paranoia aside, things that are important about venues:

heh.

on a scale from 0 to 4, 0 bad 4 good, here are my ratings for places I
can remember off the top of my head:

ITA
location: 4 (metra, bus, el, bad driving and parking)
Floor plan: 3
Usable table to chair ratio: 2
Chair comfort: 2
has food: ? ever?
occupancy: 3?

Sully's
location: 3 (el, bus, good driving and parking, but no metra)
Floor plan: 1 (too narrow!)
Usable table to chair ratio: 1
Chair comfort: 1
has food: 3 (good, but not sponsored)
occupancy: 2?

Thoughtworks (Aeon?)
location: 2 (no metra, no el, easy driving, bad parking)
Floor plan: 4 (very configurable)
Usable table to chair ratio: 3 (iirc. there were table and they could
be moved around)
Chair comfort: 1
has food: sometimes, sponsored
occupancy: 3?

Threadless
location: for me it is full of awesome. 4. walking distance from my apartment.
floor plan: 3 or 4 (very configurable)
Usable table to chair ratio: ???
Chair comfort: I don't know, I sat on the car seat. it was comfy.
food: ??
occupancy: 2?

where else? those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

--
sheila