[Chicago] Python on macs

Tim Head betatim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:06:29 CET 2010

Hello all,

I acquired a mac yesterday and want to install python ;))

While I could just download it from python.org I could be more complicated ...

I remember reading a blog post several months (or even years??) back
by someone explaining how he had come up with this clever way of
having multiple versions of python installed in parallel, without ever
interfering with the python installed by mac and using virtualenv to
keep the installed packages nice and tidy and make it super easy to
create quickly a brandnew sandboed python.

Sounds like the holy land? Yes if only I could remember enough details
to actually find this post again :((

Does anyone on the list have an idea what I am talking about and could
point me in the right direction or directly give some advice on python
on mac?

Thank you,
Tim
ps. I come from gentoo and am already badly missing portage, are
macports and fink really the best mac can do on that front?

--
http://tim.jottit.com/