[Chicago] Python on macs

Tim Head betatim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:43:13 CET 2010

Thanks everyone for their helpful advice.

I followed (more or less) Jesse's ideas on setting up a virtualenv as
the "default" python to use so that I can do what ever crazy thing I
want and not break the default python (and packages). Also means it is
easy to make a new virtualenv and try out lots of packages during a
rainy day and then just delete the whole thing to get rid of it again.

I will try homebrew as a package manager.

I'll also compile py3.x by hand with --prefix ;)

Tim

--
http://tim.jottit.com/