[Chicago] ChiPy July Meeting

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 22:33:11 CEST 2010

As it turns out, this will be the best user group meeting ever!  Best Ever,
Anywhere, and you do not even need to pay admission or listen to Ads by
desperate head hunters looking for coders who code will not crash a foreign
market exchange because they improperly cast a void pointer. Best Ever,
Gang, get it!  Spread the word and join the peaceful Python fanatics for fun
and education in a nicely Air Conditioned Room, Color HD Display, Free WIFI,
HD surround sound, power windows, and  convenient down town location right
next to the Sear.. I mean Willis Tower!  Free admission. Just bring your
open ears and mind, folks!

When: 7 PM Thursday July 8, 2010
Where: ITA | TechNexus  200 S. Wacker Drive, 15th Floor Chicago, IL 60606

Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, first door on the
right.

Topics
------

1. PyPy and Unladen-Swallow: Making your Python Fast by Alex Gaynor

Python has a reputation for being a bit slow, but it doesn't have to
be that way. This talk will cover why Python is slow, and what two of
the most exciting virtual machines are doing about it.

2. long awaited Twisted talk by Daniel Griffin.

Sign Up
-------

If you plan to attend please add your name
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA

About the group
carries no obligation. Nor does showing up at the meetings. Nor, at
least so far, does anything else we have done, although we always
appreciate it when our presenters show up. (They usually do!)

http://chipy.org