[Chicago] Presenter for a Python 101 talk

Sergio Pereira sergioafp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:27:51 CEST 2010

Hi,
I'm looking for someone that could deliver an introduction to Pyhton for a
.NET user group downtown.
Not looking for an IronPython presentation but a CPython or agnostic one. If
you can talk a little about IronPython that would be great but it shouldn't
be the focus of the talk.
This group is the Chicago ALT.NET (http://chicagoalt.net) and our members,
even though they come from .NET backgrounds, have a lot of interest in
learning about new languages and technologies that have nothing to do with
Microsoft.
We're just looking for someone that could explain the basics of Python
syntax, the tools required to use it, explain where Python is being used
with success, and what is currently popular in Python developments (like App
Engine? Django? I'm really not familiar enough yet to suggest :) )

Any takers? Contact me here or directly to avoid noise in the list:
sergioafp /at/ gmail

Cheers!