[Chicago] ANN: ChiPy at ITA Wed June 9, 7p

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Jun 9 16:46:19 CEST 2010

ChiPy
=========================

When: 7 PM Wednesday June 9, 2010
Where: ITA

Topics
------
 1. 7:00 Customizing the Django Admin (Brian Ray)
 2. 7:45 Pizza (Imaginary Landscape)
 3. 8:00 Automating Blender (Christopher Allan Webber)
 4. 8:45 Book Giveaway (Carl Karsten)

Details
-------

1. Customizing the Django Admin
Brian Ray
 * Registering Models in the Admin
 * Customizing the filtering, search, general display
 * Adding Actions
 * Inlines
 * Custom Forms
 * Making Fields Readonly by inheriting
 * Integrating jQuery
 * Custom Widgets like Image thumbnails
 * Changing look and feel

I plan on showing a live example and customizing as we go.

This will be a pretty mid-level talk and should be interesting to
those not familiar, those who know django and considered using the
admin, and for djangonuts who want to do some pretty advanced stuff.

2. Pizza
Imaginary Landscape
Local Python shop wants to make sure we don't pass out from
starvation. Select your toppings when you sign up for the meeting.
Return the favor by visiting http://chicagopython.com

3. Automating Blender
Christopher Allan Webber
Using Python to create blender objects.

4. Book Giveaway
Carl Karsten
Giving a talk, signing up, signing up on time and ordering pizza all
increase your chances to win.

Location
--------
Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
200 S. Wacker Drive
15th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606

312.435.2805
http://www.illinoistech.org

Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, first door on the right.

Show your ID to security.  Be on the list or they will be sad.  See
http://chipy.org for sign up instructions.

About the group
carries no obligation. Nor does showing up at the meetings. Nor, at
least so far, does anything else we have done, although we always
appreciate it when our presenters show up. (They usually do!)

http://chipy.org

--
Carl K