[Chicago] Chicago Python User Group Presents: Ultimate Language Blowout II, this Thursday March 11th

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Mar 9 17:00:35 CET 2010

"One of the design rules for Python has always been to beg, borrow or
steal whatever features I liked
from existing languages..."    Guido van Rossum

Chicago Python User Group
=========================

Special Event: "Ultimate Language Blowout II"

Last time we held this event we blew the doors off Roosevelt
University.  This month we will hold the competition in a private
meeting room (with its own wet bar, plenty of room, and great AV) at
Sully's House on the North side.  This meeting will surely be great
entertainment for everyone--Everyone is welcome!  The end result is we
will crown a winner for the best presentation. For those watching, you
will learn some Python features from a comparative  approach.

This will be the best competition ever hosted by ChiPy.

   ** Feel Free to Redistribute this information to any language
oriented group in Chicago land area **

The Competition
---------------
Each participant gets only 5-10 minutes (depending on entries). The
person who makes the best case wins! They can do whatever they want--
just as long as each presentation is about some programming language
other than Python and make at least one comparison to Python during
the talk.

Sign up:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFdET2FPcjdfa3FCLXlWZ2ZRUFJoN3c6MA
See who is in the running:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tWDOaOr7_kqB-yVgfQPRh7w&single=true&gid=0&output=html

When
----

Thursday March 11, 2010 at 7PM  till a winner is announced

Where
-----
Sully's House Tap Room & Grill, 1501 N. Dayton St. Chicago, Illinois
60622 At the corner of Blackhawk and Dayton http://www.sullyshouse.com/
(2) Blocks from the North & Clybourn Red Line stop. Free street
parking available.
The meeting is Sully's House Tap Room & Grill. All ages are welcome to
this Free Private Event. For those of age, Sully's House offer 20
Beers on tap, and 35 Bottles - all craft and microbrewery,
specializing in Belgium, Irish and German selections. Enjoy great Bar
Food & Pizza from our Italian Oven and Daily discounted menu specials.
The host has given us a dedicated bartender. We will meet in the
private party room on the second floor--well equipped with top of the
line video equipment.
**This event is Free as in Speech, but the beer is not free**   Tip
your bartender.

About ChiPy

ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers.  Participants range
from absolute beginners to seasoned veterans.  In short, *everyone* is
welcome (including you)!  Every second thursday of the month ChiPy
members gather to give talks on a wide variety of topics related to
Python and related technology.  Our community benefits from a variety
of participants, so we would love it if you would make yourself a
participant!

ChiPy website: http://chipy.org
ChiPy Announcement *ONLY* Mailing List: