[Chicago] web server benchmarks
Massimo Di Pierro
mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Sun Mar 14 00:39:28 CET 2010
This is to let you know that web2py is considering moving away from
cherry wsgiserver and use the rocket web server created by Timothy
Rocket is posted here http://launchpad.net/rocket
Here are the motivation why we think Rocket is the best Python web
- It is faster then cherrypy and can handle more concurrent
connections. Here are the benchmarks
- It is a multi-treaded server
- It runs everywhere (Tornado requires epoll for example)
- It runs with Python 2.x, 3.x and Jython.
- The source code is very easy to read compared for example with
- For HTTPS it only requires the ssl module that comes with >=2.6
while Cherrypy does also require OpenSSL
- CheeryPy seems to truncate large files over HTTPS. We tested rocket
in upload and download for up to 2GB files without issues.
We are still testing it. If you try it and encounter any problem
please let me know. If you have any independent benchmark also please
let me know.
More information about the Chicago