[Chicago] Emacs/vim whitespace question

Chad Glendenin chad at glendenin.com
Thu Mar 18 20:06:39 CET 2010

There's a vim plugin, python.vim, that is smarter about PEP8 and
indentation than the default Python mode. I usually turn off
smartindent and cindent in vim python buffers (autocmd BufRead *.py
set nocindent nosmartindent autoindent) just because something in
there was deleting all leading whitespace in front of '#' characters,
forcing comments over to the left column. I never spent the time to
figure out exacting what was happening, but I think it's assuming
they're C preprocessor macros or something.

ccg