[Chicago] Neighborcon Chicago! Come speak and/or attend!

eli skipp synthet at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:21:49 CEST 2010

Howdy Chicago Python folk,

Pardon the e-mail if'n it sounds like spam. It's not! I'm helping to host a
small hacker related conference in about two weeks and one of your members
helped us find a location. As such, we wanted to make sure to send your
group an invitation, should you folks feel like giving presentations or
sitting around with neighborly folk. So here's the proper block of
invitational text:

Howdy, Neighbors!

You're invited to join your fellow neighbors for Neighborcon Chicago on
Saturday June 12th and Sunday June 13th from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm (with
continued non-official festivities afterwards).

What is Neighborcon? Neighborcon is a collection of friendly folk coming
together to discuss friendly ideas. Presentations and talks will be given on
various subjects (as long as they're neighborly), conversations will be had,
food will be eaten, and drinks will be drunk (in traditional hacker fashion,
to excess!).

Where is Neighborcon? Glad you asked! Neighborcon Chicago will be held at
Sully's House Tavern & Grill. They've been kind enough to offer us their
private upstairs bar to hold our events in. Good food, good drinks, good
people! Sully's House is located at 1501 North Dayton St. Chicago, IL 60642,
a three minute walk from the North/Clybourn Red Line stop. Tip your waitress
well!

What does Neighborcon cost? We're asking for $20, which will include your
badge, a button, and a neighborly handshake from Mr. Goodspeed (to be fair
you can usually get that for free). Broke or unemployed? Let us know the
situation, and we'll aim to discount or waive your fee! Willing to be a
speaker and give a presentation? Then you get in at no cost!

How do you submit a talk to Neighborcon? Visit
http://frob.us/neighborcon.txt to view the call for papers and e-mail in
your proposal to travis at radiantmachines.com. If it's neighborly, we'll
likely accept it! The sky's the limit as far as subject matter.

Any other questions? Most things can be answered via
http://frob.us/neighborcon.txt, but feel free to e-mail
travis at radiantmachines.com or eli.skipp at gmail.com with the subject line
NEIGHBORCON if you're still vexed.

Invite your friends! Hell, invite your enemies if'n they're FYN-FYTN
compliant!

In accordance with historical Neighborcons, we're doing this
semi-disorganized and very last minute. We hope to see you there anyway, and
if not, FYN!

Also attached: the Call for presentations and a jpeg of our poster.

Cheers,
--
eli skipp
www.eliskipp.com