[Chicago] Template Document

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Nov 2 18:47:43 CET 2010

I did something very similar when I worked in a cube: so much of my
work involved email threads that I could use the subject as the
description, and the time stamps to figure out when and what
proportion of my time to allocate.

proportion means how much of my 8 hours does this represent?  If I
have 4 items in one day, each gets 2 hours.  if 2 are the same
subject, that gets rolled into 4 hours.  It was way more accurate than
anything else I was capable of.

I have no idea if management was
A) impressed with my detailed reports
B) satisfied that they had fulfilled their task of collecting reports
C) gave up bugging me for reports.

Carl K