[Chicago] Template Document

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Nov 2 19:33:07 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Samir Faci <samir at esamir.com> wrote:

> 1. Question 1

> I could probably write a very simple one on my own.. just wondering if
> there was any pre-existing technology / standard that I should look
> at.

I don't know of a standard or of a tool that does this for you, so I
think you have to write it yourself. If you work at a large company,
other people are probably annoyed and may have written things to do
this too, so you should ask on internal back channels to see if anyone
has. you might get lucky.

IMO
if you have to do it yourself, don't get too formal about what goes in
there. I'd be very lazy and go as unstructured as possible and use
something like <your favorite thing that is essentially a dictionary>.
post the data somewhere via <your favorite protocol>, then when you
need the report, GET it and yay.

maybe you don't have to use identica or something, maybe you could use
something that talks jabber over an internal jabber network? or
whatever. some people might want the traffic to be only internal.

anyway...
I'm handwaving since I never was lazy enough to actually go through
the effort to design something.

if you find out something exists and is sharable, please point me to it.

--
sheila