[Chicago] Upgraded FreeTDS and pymssql - now I can't connect

Rob Kapteyn robkapteyn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 04:57:41 CET 2010

I'm afraid I have to agree with John.
I have had similar problems with the cx_Oracle DB driver on Solaris.

It is really hard to test a module with C-extensions on the many different versions and architectures of Solaris.
Sparc is big-endian and x86 is little-endian.
Integer bit-lengths don't correspond to 32/64 bit architecture in a consistent way.

cx_Oracle has a low-level test suite that made the problem obvious for me to fix.

Unfortunately, it does not look like pymssql has a similar test suite.

-Rob