[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy October Monthly Meeting this Thursday

bray at sent.com bray at sent.com
Mon Oct 11 22:25:45 CEST 2010

Chicago Python User Group
=========================

Save the date for the ``awesomest`` Chicago Python user group meeting
ever!

This Thursday we will hear from the creator of Prudence on Advanced
Caching techniques. http://threecrickets.com/prudence/ Prudence is an
open source Scalable REST/JVM Web Development platform. This is *NOT*
just another web development framework! It actually embraces the JVM
with some Jepp support (yep that is CPython on the JVM). Non blocking
I/O, the most amazing caching system ever. no database layer, example
uses SQLAlchemy but other have even used NOSQL MongoDB.

Next, be sure to turn **ON** your cellphones .... we will get to hack an
Android phone with the supported Python scripting language.

Finally, the ChiPy list has been bringing Python developers out of the
woodwork in the North suburbs. Let's make ChiPy even more accessible by
starting a North branch of ChiPy. We already have several sponsor,
hosting requests... hopefully, we can bring some leaders downtown for a
special planning meeting.

Food / Beer sponsor is Imaginary Landscape http://www.imagescape.com/.
Thanks ITA for hosting. Wheeee this will be great.

If even a small chance you will come, please RSVP and voice your pizza
choice:

  https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHVLOTNTU3oxTzJKYjB3RmV4eVZkMEE6MA

This will be the best meeting ever.

When
----

Thursday, October 14th, 7pm.

Topics
------

 * Advanced Caching with Prudence -- Tal Liron
 * Python on Android -- Ross Heflin
 * Open Discussion / Planning for New **ChiPy - North** Special Interest
 Group

Location
--------

Where::

  Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
  200 S. Wacker Drive
  15th Floor
  Chicago, IL 60606
  312.435.2805

http://www.illinoistech.org

Metra: exit on Adams St, walk East across the bridge, door on the right
at the corner of Wacker on your right.

About the group