[Chicago] Planning a ChiPy sprint

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:30:25 CEST 2010

If you weren't at last night's meeting you missed a good one (thanks Tal and
Ross), and you also missed me rambling about sprints again.

For those not aware, the Python Software Foundation has set aside money to
fund groups getting together to hack on Python stuff (see
http://pythonsprints.com/). I've been involved with the group since the
start and recently got my employer to sweeten the pot with a nice
donation...so we're just sitting over here with stacks of money waiting for
people to request it. Whether it's Python itself or any of the great
packages out there, funding is available to groups who want to give their
time to making the Python world better. Sprints to port projects to Python 3
are especially awesome, and we recently sponsored two of them in South
Africa and Minneapolis. Simply put: you write the code, PSF buys the pizza
(and beer).

If you are interested in getting together, fill in some details on this wiki
page -- http://chipy.org/Fall2010Sprint -- or just respond with your details
and I'll add them. What we need are the who, what, where, and when questions
to be answered. Rough estimates are fine, then I'll try to coordinate that
into some hard dates.

Ideally I'm thinking something on a weekend from morning until dinner, then
see where that takes us. We could also do a weekday evening/night sprint.
I'd actually like to see this become a regular thing if we can swing it.

Feel free to respond on the list rather than directly to me. Maybe it will
guilt more people into showing up :)