[Chicago] ANN: job opening at TradeLink Securities

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:37:28 CEST 2010

We are looking to hire a programmer/researcher to help research and
develop trading ideas, and to develop infrastructure to put these
trading strategies into production.  We are looking for someone who is
bright and curious with a quantitative background and a strong
interest in writing good code and building systems that work.
Familiarity with basic probability and statistics is a definite plus.
We do not require a financial background, but are looking for someone
with an enthusiasm to dive into this industry and learn a lot.  We do
most of our data modeling and production software in python, utilizing
mostly open source tools.  We have a lot of ideas to test and
hopefully put into production, and you'll be working with a fast paced
and friendly small team of traders and programmers.

Applying:

  Please submit a resume and cover letter to qsjobs at trdlnk.com with
  the subject header "TLS Job".  In your cover letter, please address
  how your background, experience and skills will fit into the
  position described above.  We are looking for a full-time, on-site
  candidate only.

About Us:

  TradeLink Securities, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a NASDAQ
  market maker and registered broker dealer with FINRA.  The firm
  specializes in both quantitative and fundamental investing in the US
  and abroad.  TradeLink Securities is a division of TradeLink
  Holdings, a diversified alternative investment and proprietary
  trading firm organized in 1979.  For more information visit our
  website at http://tradelinkll.com.