[Chicago] python libraries for latent semantic indexing &c.

Ed Marshall esm at logic.net
Thu Sep 23 16:22:26 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Daniel Griffin <dgriff1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't even understand what this is.

[...]

> On Sep 21, 2010 2:53 PM, "sheila miguez" <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would be interested in hearing a talk about how someone has used
>> python for LSA, LDA, &c. analysis. Playing around myself, I found a
>> python library called gensim, and a java library called mallet.
>>
>> http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/projekty/gensim/
>>
>> Looks to me (this is definitely not my field either) like semantic
analysis of arbitrary text; in the gensim case, breaking it down into a
vector model for representing the information learned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_space_model

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_space_model>"I Write Like" is what
immediately came to mind for me:

http://iwl.me/

--
Ed Marshall <esm at logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.