Kristofer M White
me at kmwhite.net
Tue Sep 28 01:08:55 CEST 2010
+1 I'm interested.
-- Kristofer M White
Sent from my HTC Android phone.
----- Reply message -----
From: "Tal Liron" <tal.liron at threecrickets.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 27, 2010 3:18 AM
Subject: [Chicago] Prudence
To: "The Chicago Python Users Group" <chicago at python.org>
After more than a year of development, I'm happy to announce a release
candidate for Prudence:
Yes, yet another web development framework for Python. Yawn. But this
one is a bit different:
1. Embraces the JVM. That means Jython-centric, with some limited
support for Jepp (real CPython on the JVM, bleh).
2. Designed ground-up for REST. Nothing about HTTP is hidden from you.
You know, HTTP is actually really useful.
3. Non-blocking I/O and other adult thinking about concurrency.
4. Probably the most sophisticated caching system you've seen in a web
5. No data layer -- add your own. The example app uses SQLAlchemy. (I
have other apps talking to MongoDB.)
6. Ready-to-rumble package -- just download, and will run on any JVM
platform. Tested on Linux, OpenSolaris, OS X and Windows. Ubuntu
I'd be happy to give a presentation to ChiPy on "Advanced Caching with
Prudence". Even if you never use Prudence, you might get jealous and try
to implement some of these tricks in your own platform of choice.
Can I get a +1?
A future presentation could also be about Scripturian, the underlying
library that makes Jython work well in highly concurrent environments. I
had to do a lot of hacking in the Jython source code, and learn things
that no man should have to know.
Chicago mailing list
Chicago at python.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chicago