[Chicago] Job opening: Trading Technologies - Senior Software Quality Engineer

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:22:49 CEST 2011

Hey all,

My team at Trading Technologies <http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/> is now
looking for a strong Python user for a Senior Software Quality Engineer
role. The product we work on is a historical tick database server which
provides trade data to a GUI charting tool and analytics engines within the
company. We want someone who is experienced with building test tools and
libraries of all sorts: regression, performance, load, data validation, and
more. The server, written in C++ on Windows, exposes a data API which we
have wrapped in Python and use to generate our tools.

An ideal candidate should have a solid understanding and interest in
software testing, experience with parallelism libraries like Python’s
multiprocessing, and experience working with automated build and continuous
integration systems. Prior job experience within the financial world is
helpful, but most important is someone who can grasp the entire scope of the
project quickly, and design and write solid, comprehensive test code to
ensure the quality of the project. Someone with experience mentoring and
leading junior QEs would be useful too.

We’re running Python 3, using Mercurial, and working with some pretty beefy
hardware. The environment is pretty laid back – casual dress, free bagels
and cereal, free drinks, Xbox/Wii, foosball – and the work isn’t so bad
either!

Here’s a more formal job spec:
https://jobs-tradingtechnologies.icims.com/jobs/1750/job -- send me a resume
if you’re interested.