[Chicago] HTTP server compliance test suite

Ed Marshall esm at logic.net
Fri Jan 7 21:32:11 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Garrett Smith <g at rre.tt> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a test suite I can run against an HTTP server to
> check for protocol compliance and maybe throw some common bad requests
> into the mix for testing?

You might take a peek at some of Apache's testing software:

http://httpd.apache.org/test/

Some pieces of their perl framework might be applicable, perhaps?

HTTP Lint:

http://zamez.org/httplint

Fuzzing, if you just want to break something:

http://rfuzz.rubyforge.org/

Also, here's a rather lengthy list of testing tools that might give you
something to chew on, although most are targeted at web application testing,
rather than specifically testing HTTP compliance/capabilities:

hapacheapachettp://www.softwareqatest.com/qatweb1.html<http://www.softwareqatest.com/qatweb1.html>

--
Ed Marshall <esm at logic.net>
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.