[Chicago] Hello from a Newbie

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:23:12 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Malcolm Newsome
<malcolm.newsome at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m new to Python (and programming in general) and looking to soak up as
> much knowledge as possible while meeting some great people.

Hi Malcolm and welcome!

If you are brand new to programming then I highly recommend this free
book: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/index  However, if you already
have basic programming skills then you might want to look for
something more intermediate.

Programming is a lot of fun; you will soon become enamored with the
power to create software for yourself and others.  After a bit of
practice, you will only be bound by your imagination.