[Chicago] July meeting topics

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 18:17:01 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Kumar McMillan <kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com>wrote:

> it's a little early, but hey why not ...
>
> Who wants to present at the next meeting?
>
> When: Thursday July 14th 2011 7 p.m.
> Where: Morningstar Inc: Global Headquarters 22 W Washington St
> Chicago, IL 60602
> _
>
> Geoff Hing has kindly offered to talk about the Apps for Metro
> project.  i.e. Do cool stuff with data in Python!
> http://www.appsformetrochicago.org/
> _
>
> If there's interest, I can give a 20 min talk on Playdoh and how you can
> use it:
> http://playdoh.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> Playdoh is Mozilla's starter kit for new Django projects.  It aims to
> be secure-by-default and set up all the same goodies we use to scale
> for high traffic, perform background tasks, localize our sites in many
> languages, and other cool things.
> _

I added to http://chipy.org

Anyone is welcome to have an account to the admin for chipy.org just send me
your username you used to sign up for an account.

Recall, http://chipy.org is a product of our ChiPy Mentoring program and we
have some neat new features coming this month including embedded meeting
location maps!

--

Brian Ray