[Chicago] Mentoring Proposal Fwd: website needed for social enterprise

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:09:27 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Jeremy McMillan
<jeremy.mcmillan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:04 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A) Tasks for the chipy.org site: which ones?

Here is my list, however not all these are *must* haves. (in no
particular order)

We are currently reviewing the custom map integration already in trunk
but not live, Thanks!
We need to add RSS and Json for meeting feeds along with a permalink
vCal/iCal integration
Sponsorship handling
listing venues separate
(administrative) we need new/old videos added and the sorting fixed on
past meetings
A form for proposal of talks
A Monitored Job section that helps those looking for Python people or
those looking for job
Swap traceback needs fixed

(these can also be found here https://github.com/brianray/Chipy/issues)

Along with this this there are some bugs on the site before we move
on. It just seems we could be taking better advantage of some of the
pinax features or we need to do some administration.

> B) Vote on what? Do we have any other proposals to consider?

I could toss a snake and it would probably hit someone who would love
us to work on their project.  I do not want to pick without looking
around because that will send the wrong message. Nonetheless, if we
know this is a good project and we are happy with the current
chipy.org I do not object to jumping on this.

-- Brian