[Chicago] ANN: ChiPy Google Thu June 9, 7p

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Jun 2 23:47:45 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Phil Robare <verisimilidude at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Phil Robare <verisimilidude at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>>> Testing is such a waste of CPU cycles.  If you are going to run code
>>> give it a chance to do something useful.  otherwise just stay in bed.
>>>

> When I r^Hi^Hg^Hh^Ht^H write some code it has no known bugs in it.
> Then I add tests
> and it takes FOREVER to get back to that starting point.
>
> (as if to prove a point)

Lets do some math:

Think about the code you rite... what % is buggy?  I am guessing 80%
of my code works the first time.
Think about the time spent testing - 2x as long as writing?

So if we stop fixing bugs and just write more code, there will be 160%
more working code in the same amount of time.

Oh, and we can stop messing with things like bug tracking systems.

--
Carl K