[Chicago] How do you get up to speed with an api?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:35:18 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Tathagata Dasgupta
<tathagatadg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi *,
> Besides RTFM, test cases, how do make yourself familiar with an api
> ... basically discovering what hides underneath and how get things
> done with it ...

The best way is to study an application that *uses* the API, if one
exists.  For example, if there is a website that makes Ajax requests
to the API you could use Firebug or Chrome tools to watch the API
calls that are made while you interact with the app.