[Chicago] An introduction

Vern Ceder vceder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:47:50 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd say hello as a new member of the list. I just
joined a couple of days ago after accepting a job as a Python
developer at a new company in Mundelein a week ago. I plan on moving
to the area to start work by the beginning of April.

And I should also mention that my new company (Zoro Tools) is looking
for a couple more people with experience in some combination of
Python, Linux, EC2, web apps and UI, Netsuite, CSS, Javascript, etc.
If you have any interest, email me off list and I'll fill you in more
and hook you up with the right person.

As to my background, I'm a PyCon organizer (poster session chair), the
author of The Quick Python Book, 2nd ed. (see link in sig) and coder
and teacher - my current job is as the tech director at Canterbury
School in Ft Wayne, IN and I also teach Python to kids online through
Northwestern's Gifted Learning Links.

Finally, coming from a somewhat smaller place like Ft Wayne, I'm
really jazzed to be moving to an area with not one, but TWO Python
groups! :)

Cheers,
Vern

--