[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy Monthly Downtown Meeting this Thursday

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 23:48:50 CET 2011

Chicago Python User Group
=========================

This will be one of our best meetings... Presentations range from the
business side of Python to advanced audio processing with Python.
Hope you can make it!

Facility kindly provided by Sully's house http://www.sullyshouse.com/.
 We have the upstairs reserved for this event. Full cash bar and
kitchen. A/V provided. Come early and get your food orders. No need to
RSVP.

(forward this announcement to all interested parties)

When
----

Thursday, March 10th, 7pm.

Topics
------

Spothero startup chooses Python
(:30 Thirty Minutes)
By: Mark Lawrence
SpotHero is an online parking application being built which allows
someone to rent out their parking spot to someone when they are not
using it. Conversely, it allows somebody to rent it out temporarily
when they are not using it. This can be for a sporting event, concert,
festival, airport park and ride, etc. We would be willing to let those
interested look at the code at the meeting which is currently being
pushed to github.

Audio Processing With Python
(:30 Thirty Minutes)
By: Ken Schutte
Advanced Python topic: audio processing, numpy, and spectral analysis.

ChiPy Website Changes
(:15 Fifteen Minutes)
By: Brian Ray
I quick presentation on the new chipy.org website.

Location
--------

::

 Sully's House Tap Room & Grill