[Chicago] Looking for a well designed yet sizable project to read

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 23:43:20 CET 2011

Yeah, I've been to openhatch before, felt excited, and then somehow
forgotten all about it.... Thanks :)
I'm slowly starting to get out of design paralysis after some
encouraging posts here... will never get it right the first time;
that's what refactoring is there for.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Christopher Allan Webber
<cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:
> Maybe you can find a project to read and contribute to on
> http://openhatch.org ?
>
> Tathagata Dasgupta <tathagatadg at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>> It was great meeting the Python enthusiasts of Chicago, and listening
>> to two very different flavored talks this Thursday. Looking forward to
>> the next meetup ...
>>
>> I've been playing around with Python for some time and it has totally
>> taken over as my default language now. The initial leap was easy
>> enough, but now I feeling a bit stuck with so much power in hand. With
>> Java/C++ it was immediately obvious how to design the code, primarily
>> because of the language structure, but here its a bit different. Most
>> of my codes are becoming a bunch of .py, .pyc files functioning like
>> pretty bash scripts on python steroids which hardly care about being
>> encapsulated into user defined classes.
>>
>> Can you point me to some manageable sized project which I can read to
>> understand how I should design my projects in Python?
>> Links and tips of best practices would be really great to have ...
>>
>> And lastly no Python programmer would probably feel good to let django
>> slip away from his toolkit; there are too many resources out there too
>> ... but any django 101 talk coming up anytime soon?
>
> --
> 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻

Cheers,
Tathagata