[Chicago] permalink for meeting announcements?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Mar 18 16:42:34 CET 2011

If the pycon website code base ever gets finished I am hoping to use
it to manage meeting stuff, and assuming it can handle multiple events
then it should provide the feature you are looking for.

Given I am not going to bother trying to use it until I see a trace of "json" in
https://github.com/eldarion/pycon/blob/master/pycon_project/apps/schedule/views.py
I would not rely on it being used for ChiPy.

So here comes the typical open-source reply: patches welcome!

Easy solution for now: when the meeting announcement comes out,
cut/paste it into a chipy.org wiki page.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> While that would be nice, I still would like a permalink to a specific
> meeting announcement. If I post somewhere the announcement, the link I
> provide will not be stale, refer to a different meeting. and it is a
> nice bit of chipy history for the archaeologists.
>
> I'd love a google calendar, because half the time I forget which week
> it is and then, boom, today is thursday.
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Tim Ottinger <tottinge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dudes, we need a google calendar.
>> Location, time, cancellation status, everything there. We can
>> subscribe to it from our phones, and set reminders. So much better
>> than an url for most of us.
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> --

> sheila