[Chicago] Fwd: Internship/Part Time Job - IT/Programmer

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:19:28 CET 2011

*Internship/Part **T**ime **J**ob *

*at** Unique Insurance Company*

Job Description: IT/Programmer

Unique Insurance Company is looking for a IT/Programmer. At Unique Insurance
we import thousands of insurance policies a month, we maintain and develop
new features in our current insurance software, we build reports to better
understand our business, we utilize open-source software to provide
additional features, and bridge the gap of what users, clients, and agents
expect from an insurance company.

 Job duties will range from help desk, setting up new machines, testing new
software functionality, gathering software requirements, create stored
procedures. We are looking for a person that is: smart, multitasking, enjoys
working with a lot of different software and is able to program, and wants
start applying its knowledge in a real life applications.

 Candidates should be a “Computer Science” or “Math and Computer Science”
major or recent graduate. Candidate should know how to programming and have
at least 6 months previous programming experience.

 Software you should be familiar with:

   -

   parse xml/csv/flat files, read and write to a database
   -

   python experience preferred ( sqlalchemy, familiar with creating web
   framework, xml/csv parsing)
   -

   Demonstrate a general proficiency with Linux operating systems, being
   able to use it on a daily basis.
   -

   Familiar with Windows XP/7 and Windows Server
   -

   Able to understand database structure.
   -

   Basic economics/insurance understanding a plus.

    This is an Internship opportunity/part time job. We can accommodate a
   changing schedule. Ability to work 40 hours during non-school weeks and at
   least 16 hours during the school week. Hourly wage: $15 an hour.

   Contact:

   Please email your resume to lszybalski at uniqueinsuranceco.com,
   IT Manager: Lucas Szybalski, 773-299-7527

   Unique Insurance,
   4245 N. Knox Ave
   Chicago IL, 60641